Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation

Tuesday, April 05, 2016


Hi guys! I know I haven't posted on here in what feels like forever and I'm going to be doing a post about whats been going on in my life soon. I Just wanted to start back with a review of a product that I've had since December which I have been using on and off and have a few thoughts I would like share. 


As you've probably guessed from the title I'm going to be talking about the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. As you all know last year I was using the Estee Lauder double wear (which I still love!) but I was finding that it was making my skin look a little flat and it was clinging to any dry patches I had from the colder weather. I was having a look on blogs and youtube and came across this. The main reason I decided to try this is that it claimed to be full coverage but felt weightless on the skin and gives a poreless long-lasting finish. Perfect for my oily/combination skin type! 

When I first received it I was instantly wowed by the packaging - its stunning and anything with rose gold packaging is a plus! On first application I knew I was going to love it. I tried it with my sigma F80 and real techniques sponge and loved both finishes. I got more coverage with the F80 but its not as flawless as with the real techniques sponge so I tend to go over it at the end with this. The wear time on me is great I apply it at around 9am and my natural oils don't start to show till around 2/3pm and even then I don't have to powder or blot as it just looks like a healthy glow from the foundation. This isn't a flat matte foundation either its somewhere between a satin and a matte finish which I like as its more natural and it also doesn't look cakey. 

It does contain SPF15 which I haven't found causes any flashback in photos for me and although this isn't high - any SPF is better than no SPF! There is great range of colours to choose from and I went for light 2 and through winter I am usually around a NC15 in mac so this is a great match. I paid £29.50 and think for the product its worth every penny, I have spent way over £30 on Chanel foundations before and hated them.

I'm coming close to the end of the bottle and don't think I will be re-purchasing yet as I have a long list of other foundations that I want to try as I am currently on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my wedding day - which will hopefully be summer 2017!

Anyway enough rambling. If you have combination skin and want that flawless long lasting base then this just might be the perfect foundation for you! 

Emma x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images